What we do
One of Middlemarch’s key strengths is our ability to provide practical and pragmatic ecological advice at all stages of your project, including the provision of Ecological Management and Clerk of Works roles as part of the construction and operational phases of development projects.
On Site Support and Supervision
The need to provide post-planning on site ecological support can arise for a number of reasons, including the implementation of development licenses, discharging planning conditions and addressing the requirement of documents such as Construction Environmental Management Plans. Our expert team provides a broad range of on-site services, including:
- Performing Ecological Manager and Ecological Clerk of Works roles.
- Inspections for the presence of protected species, e.g. nesting birds.
- Delivery of toolbox talks to site contractors to communicate ecological risk.
- Species works associated with development licences, e.g. supervised roof strips or trapping and translocation of great crested newts.
- Auditing compliance with development licences or planning conditions.
- All forms of ecological monitoring.
Middlemarch has performed the above roles on a large number of projects, ranging from single houses and roof conversions up to major residential develops, road schemes and other major infrastructure projects. Our aim is to ensure that ecological issues are dealt with promptly and to a high standard, achieving the best possible outcome for both your project and biodiversity.