What we do
Middlemarch Environmental Ltd have a team of ecological consultants fully qualified to provide specialist ecological input into BREEAM (BREEAM UK New Construction 2018 and previous versions) and Home Quality Mark (HQM) assessments. Our experience covers sites from single residential dwellings to large scale housing developments, schools, major employment and industrial schemes.
The Home Quality Mark is a rigorous and relevant standard for new homes. Developed by BRE – the UK’s leading building science centre – it helps everyone understand the quality, performance and attributes of new build homes.
The Building Research Establishment Environmental Assessment Method (BREEAM) and HQM assessments measure environmental performance in several key areas including ecology. Our input covers the distinct categories of the ecology chapter and includes:
- Recommendations to minimise impacts on site ecology in line with the mitigation hierarchy
- Advice on stakeholder liaison
- Recommendations for site enhancement, including advice on native planting and management regimes.
- Completion of the ‘Change in Ecological Value’ calculator (which follows the Defra metric)
- Details of management proposals designed to ensure that the ecological value of key habitat and species features is maintained post-development
Suitably Qualified Ecologists
Looking for further information and advice, or a hassle free, no obligation quote?
Get a Quote
Our consultants meet the Suitably Qualified Ecologist (SQE) criteria as outlined within the BREEAM guidelines. By working with us, you can be assured that we will work to maximise credits available in each chapter and the ecological value of your development.
In addition to ecology surveys for Home Quality Mark and BREEAM, Middlemarch Environmental can also provide the following services:
- Production of 5 Year Habitat Management Plans
- Post Construction Ecological Survey and Audit of Credits