|Organisation||Middlemarch Environmental Ltd|
|Salary||£26,000-£36,000, dependent on experience|
|Hours||40 hours per week|
Senior Arboricultural Consultant
Closing date: 22/1/2021
Do you want to work for one of the UK’s leading, award winning, ecological and arboricultural consultancies? Due to recent expansion and further planned strategic growth within the company, Middlemarch Environmental are currently recruiting for roles to meet our growing client needs throughout the country and to engage with the emerging biodiversity agenda.
Middlemarch Environmental provides client focused, cost effective advice and expertise on all ecological and arboricultural issues that occur during the planning and development process. The company was set up in 1989 and is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Warwickshire Wildlife Trust, which is itself part of The Wildlife Trusts, the largest voluntary organisation in the UK concerned with all aspects of nature conservation and the environment.
We are looking for an enthusiastic, client-focused candidate to join our arboricultural team in the role of Senior Arboricultural Consultant. The position provides an opportunity to work as part of a committed, supportive team on a variety of exciting projects across the U.K. The successful candidate will be managing projects of a range of sizes, providing arboricultural advice and guidance to clients including:
- BS5837:2012 Arboricultural surveys, Impact Assessments and Method Statements,
- Provision of arboricultural statutory advice,
- Subterranean investigation and mapping of roots,
- Tree hazard assessment & decay detection,
- CAVAT and TEMPO assessment,
- Woodland and parkland management planning,
- Veteran tree assessment and,
- Input into nature-based solutions.
The package will include a competitive salary (dependent on experience and skills) with the potential for performance related rewards depending upon company performance, a company pension and an opportunity for continued professional development. TOIL and paid overtime are also available along with payment of professional membership fees.
Skills and Experience Required
The ideal candidate will be a confident self-starter with a keen eye for detail and the ability to communicate effectively with clients and colleagues.
- Educated to NQF level 4 or above in a relevant discipline.
- At least 3 years’ experience of arboricultural consultancy.
- Competent to undertake and manage arboricultural surveys, Arboricultural Impact Assessments and Arboricultural Method Statements to BS5837:2012.
- Good tree and fungi identification skills (year-round).
- Ability to undertake and manage tree hazard assessments.
- Ability to write concise accurate reports and have experience of general office systems.
- Competent user of word processing, spreadsheets, and databases.
- A full UK driving licence.
- Educated to degree level in a relevant discipline.
- Member of the Arboricultural Association and / or member of Institute of Chartered Foresters
- Woodland Management.
- Experience in TEMPO evaluation.
- Experience in CAVAT evaluation.
- Knowledge of subsidence and heave assessment.
- Experience of client development and customer relationship management.
- Knowledge of current environmental and arboricultural issues.
- Knowledge of GIS/CAD systems would be advantageous, but training will be provided.
How to Apply
For a copy of the skills/experience and accountabilities required for this role, please download the document.
To apply, complete your covering letter and upload your CV via the link.